18 October 2009

Mr MacCorhan or McCrohan of Melbourne

mr-maccorhan mr-maccorhan-back

        • Subject: Mr McCrohan
        • Date: Unknown
        • Photographer: Foster & Martin, Melbourne, Australia
        • Found: New Zealand

Without a first name I knew I wouldn’t be able to identify Mr MacCorhan but someone just may recognise him.

I looked in the Victorian Historical Index of BMDs and found only one entry of a McCorhan but after doing a little research in Google I think that perhaps the name should be McCrohan. On rechecking the index I found 141 entries for McCrohan.

There is a website for the McCrohan name worldwide and I did find some McCrohan photographs including a house in Melbourne built by Eugene McCrohan and also a family photo but it’s hard to say if this gentleman belongs to that family or not, I certainly couldn’t identify him being in the family photo.

Foster & Martin photographers seem to have been active in Melbourne from 1877 to about 1900.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is able to identify the above gentleman please do contact me, I would love to pass this photo onto a family member. Contact by email is preferable but if you are going to leave a comment please don’t forget to include your email address.

Dawn Scotting
pandora@kc.net.nz

No comments: